So let’s get started! I have no idea what I want this blog to be about. Probably just my life, my thoughts, my perceptions, my experiences. I hope to someday be able to go back through my blogs and see how I’ve grown as a person, because you don’t always notice the day-to-day changes, and then somehow those tiny changes have lead to a completely new you.
But let’s start with who I am and where I am now:
- I’m 20 years old (about to be 21 in 45 days WOOHOO!)
- I’m a student at the University of Maryland, studying Communications and Professional Writing
- I have always loved writing, and I think it’s the only creative thing I have (but I’m trying to branch out)
- I find communication theory more interesting than my lecture classes
- I work part-time at The Main Cup as an expo and I love it; it’s my second home and I always try to make it a point to see my second family when I come home
- I do not have a boyfriend (boys are too complicated)
- I do have some amazing friends (shoutout to Ryan, Alex, Mary, and Will)
- I have no idea what I want to do for a job
- I love animals and I want to foster
- I am itching to travel, even if it’s by myself
- I love mountains. I grew up in a small farming town tucked into the mountains, and I have seen some purple mountain majesties.
- I don’t know how to camp, yet my recent dream is to backpack the Appalachians
- I’m young and everything is either terrifying or exciting – and sometimes both!
Some days I may be casual, like this, and some days I may be more soulful. I’m not sure where it’ll go, but life is wonderful right? And I’ll spice things up when I start working enough to afford my own little camera. I have a feeling I’ll be putting in a lot of hours this summer…